The medical benefits of Marijuana are unquestionable. After decades of research and controlled studies, now people can find medical marijuana benefits published in respected medical journals. Medical Marijuana is a proven treatment for a wide range of painful medical conditions, and with the right treatment program, troubling side effects can be minimized.
Grassmatch has partnered with the Medical Marijuana community so that access to this alternative treatment is easier than ever before.
Some qualifying conditions treated by Medical Marijuana include:
- Hepatitis C
- Lou Gehrig’s disease (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS)
- Nail patella syndrome
- Cachexia (wasting disease)
- Severe and chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Muscle spasms
- Multiple sclerosis
How Medical Cannabis (Marijuana) Combats the Symptoms of Various Painful Diseases?
- For Cancer – Marijuana proved highly effective in reducing the nausea stimulated by chemotherapy in cancer. (Learn more about Cancer and Cannabis)
- For Glaucoma – MMJ helps reduce intraocular pressure in people suffering from glaucoma (Click to learn more)
- For HIV/AIDS – Medical marijuana proves effective is restoring appetite, debilitating fatigue, cure nausea and curtails weight loss. (HIV/AIDS and Medical Marijuana)
- For Hepatitis C – Modest cannabis use may offer symptomatic and virological benefit to patients undergoing HCV treatment. Patients using cannabis are also more likely to adhere to their doctors recommended prescription therapies. (Refer the Publication from NCBI)
- For Lou Gehrig’s disease – Medical marijuana alleviates the unbearable pain associated with this disease. (Check out the Views)
- For Alzheimer – There is evidence that cannabis slows the neurodegenerative process associated with Alzheimer’s. (Reference: Medical Marijuana Pros and Cons )
- For Nail-patella syndrome – The cannabinoids in marijuana act as an anti-inflammatory and an analgesics to fight pain, bone disorders, tendons, and scoliosis. (Click to see how Marijuana helps)
- For Cachexia – Medical marijuana treatment is effective in stimulating appetite, fluid retention and helps to increase body weight in Cachexia patients. (Cannabis and Cachexia)
- For Severe chronic pains – Cannabinoids prove to be a helpful remedy against the side effects of opiate pain medications and allow many patients to take a lower dose of these highly addictive drugs. (Read the study done by UCSF)
Researchers at the University of California have been performing controlled studies on marijuana for decades. Their conclusion? Marijuana should be a “first-line treatment” for painful neuropathy problems and for people who fail to respond to other available treatments.
- For Severe Nausea – Medical marijuana proves to provide effective relief against nausea as a side effect of various debilitating diseases. (Check out the study done by the Medical Journal: ElsevierHealth)
- For Seizures/ Epilepsy – Cannabis reduces the tenacity of the seizures and convulsive attacks of a man suffering from cerebral palsy. (Look at the News published in the Time Magazine)
- For Muscle Spasms – Marijuana helps reduce muscular spasms in patients with degenerative neurological disorders. (Refer to the Study done by Vanderbilt University)
- For Multiple Sclerosis – Cannabis has a startling effect on muscle spasms, tremors, balance, bladder control, speech, and the eyesight. (Is Marijuana an Effective treatment for MS?)
Medical marijuana is proving to be highly effective in fighting the effects of different diseases, and a majority of Americans now supports its use. The chart below provided is by the Pew Research Center, and shows how much traction Medical Marijuana is getting.
Our federal government continues to impede the progress of state medical marijuana laws. However, cannabis has already become a boon to many patients. This has compelled researchers and reformists to continue to introduce changes to Marijuana laws to improve the access of marijuana to qualified patients.
Grassmatch as Your Partner
High-quality medical marijuana needs to come from somewhere. At Grassmatch, we know it can be tough to find a great caregiver. Patients want reliable, convenient access to quality medication they prefer at a price they can afford. We created our service, not to cash in on Medical Marijuana; we could have opened a dispensary to do that. Instead, we created a tool to help our own community help itself – a tool to facilitate the direct, person-to-person exchange of Medical Marijuana without all the intermediaries.
Isn’t it great to know your caregiver or patient before getting in touch?
Finding the right medical marijuana caregivers is easy on Grassmatch. We are your partner, and we work juts for you. Sign up at our service FOR FREE, use our search function to narrow down your results, get in touch with local caregivers, and participate in the review process. You will be helping yourself and your community.
Be sure to contact us with any suggestions you may have for our service.So drop us a message here:
We invite all caregivers and patients to join our growing community in Michigan and help fight debilitating diseases with medical marijuana.